-MUST PICK UP KIT AT THE SHOP, WE DO NOT SHIP THIS ITEM DUE TO ITS IRREGULAR SIZE-
This Kit comes with everything you need to grow Microgreens at home. There is no light because Microgreens traditionally do not need a lot of light to begin with. Often a window with good exposure is enough.
- 1 Propagation Tray (to Grow in, reusable)
- Growing Media
- Hemp Fibre Mat
- Microgreen Seeds (of your choice)
HOW TO GROW MICROGREENS
1. Clean your Tray with a mild alcohol solution and a light scrubbing.This will kill any potential pathogens from previous use.
2. Add Hemp Mat and (3) cups of filtered water into the tray.
3. Add Seed
(Scatter seeds over the surface of the soil evenly) Small seeds like Arugula at a density of approximately 10–12 seeds per square inch of soil surface. Larger or medium seeds like Sunflowers at a density of 6–8 seeds per square inch of soil surface)
4. Lightly mist with a spray bottle until seeds have a glossy sheen.
5. Label & Date the tray so you have a reference!
6. Sit back and watch them grow!
Set your tray in a place where it won’t get too hot, or too cold. 65 to 75 degrees is ideal. Light is not important yet and not even preferred by most varieties.
While waiting for shoots to appear (usually within three to four days) use the mister to re hydrate the mat ONLY IF it drys out. Keep the soil moist but not wet, this is very important.
Once the seeds start to grow put them in the window and pour in water IF YOU need to re hydrate the mat. Using the spray bottle after they have successfully is a risk for mold.
HOW TO HARVEST MICROGREENS
PRO TIP- Before harvesting, move your trays to a cool, shady place. If harvested when cool, they will tend to stay fresh and crisp.
Use scissors to trim the microgreens directly from the mat. Think of it as giving your greens a haircut.
Rinse – Use a colander to rinse your microgreens thoroughly under cold water.
Dry the greens completely by spreading over a paper towel and air dry. Cut greens are best if served right after drying, but can be stored loosely in a bowl in the refrigerator for several days. Do not try to refrigerate greens that are not completely dry.
- Not enough Light (Pale looking, Leggy)
- Microgreens need about four hours daily of direct sunlight to thrive. In winter months, some may need even more. Light needs can also be satisfied inexpensively with a grow light.
- Temperature (Slow growth)
- Over Watering (Smelly)
- Over-watering causes the root to not get enough oxygen and makes the crop susceptible to root diseases, and can even result in the loss of a tray.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us for guidance! 732-531-7600 or info@Shoregrow.com